Lindenhoek Chalet Military Cemetery is located 9 kilometres south west of Ieper town centre on a road leading from the Kemmelseweg (N331), connecting Ieper to Kemmel. From Ieper town centre the Kemmelseweg is reached via the Rijselsestraat, through the Lille Gate (Rijselpoort) and straight on towards Armentieres (N365). 900 metres after the crossroads is the right hand turning onto the Kemmelseweg. (Made prominent by a railway level crossing). Immediately after passing the village of Kemmel lies the Gremmerslinde, a right hand turning leading from the N331. The cemetery lies 500 metres along the Gremmerslinde on the right hand side of the road.
The first burials were made in the cemetery in March 1915 and it continued to be used by fighting units and field ambulances until October 1917. It was enlarged after the Armistice when graves were brought in from the battlefields surrounding Kemmel. There are now 315 servicemen of the First World War buried or commemorated in the cemetery. 67 of the burials are unidentified but there are special memorials to six casualties known or believed to be buried among them. The cemetery was designed by Charles Holden.