Mud Corner Cemetery is located 12 kilometres south of Ieper town centre, on a road leading from the Rijselseweg N365, which connects Ieper to Wijtschate, Mesen, Ploegsteert and on to Armentieres. From Ieper town centre the Rijselsestraat runs from the market square, through the Lille Gate (Rijselpoort) and directly over the crossroads with the Ieper ring road. The road name then changes to the Rijselseweg. 2 kilometres after Mesen lies the left hand turning onto rue St Yvon. Immediately after passing Prowse Point Military Cemetery lies a right hand turning onto a small road track (unsuitable for vehicles), 300 metres after this junction lies the cemetery.
Mud Corner was the name given to a road junction on the northern edge of Ploegsteert Wood, very close to the front. The cemetery was used from 7 June 1917, when the New Zealand Division captured Messines, to December 1917. All of the burials, save one, are of New Zealand or Australian forces. The cemetery contains 85 First World War burials. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.