Prowse Point Military Cemetery is located 11.5 Km south of Ieper town centre, on a road leading from the Rijselseweg N365, which connects Ieper to Wijtschate, Mesen, Ploegsteert and on to Armentieres. From Ieper town centre the Rijselsestraat runs from the market square, through the Lille Gate (Rijselpoort) and directly over the crossroads with the Ieper ring road. The road name then changes to the Rijselseweg. 2 Km after Mesen lies the left hand turning onto Rue St Yvon. The cemetery is located 600 m along this road on the right hand side.
Prowse Point was named after Brigadier-General C B Prowse, DSO (Somerset Light Infantry), who died in July 1916 while commanding the 11th Infantry Brigade, and is buried in Louvencourt Military Cemetery. This cemetery was begun by the 2nd Royal Dublin Fusiliers and the 1st Royal Warwicks, and was used from November 1914 to April 1918. The cemetery contains 221 Commonwealth burials of the First World War. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.