Colincamps is a village about 16 kilometres north of Albert. Sucrerie Military Cemetery is about 3 kilometres south-east of the village on the north side of the road from Mailly-Maillet to Puisieux.
The cemetery was begun by French troops in the early summer of 1915, and extended to the West by British units from July in that year until, with intervals, December, 1918. It was called at first the 10th Brigade Cemetery. Until the German retreat in March, 1917, it was rather more than a 1.6 kilometres from the front line; and from the end of March, 1918, (when the New Zealand Division was engaged in fighting at the Sucrerie) to the following August it was under fire. The 285 French and twelve German graves were removed to other cemeteries after the Armistice, and in consequence there are gaps in the lettering of the Rows.
There are now 1104, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these 219 casualties are unidentified.
The cemetery covers an area is 6,322 square metres and it is enclosed by a low brick wall.